Re: [Healeys] 100/4 Rear Cockpit Trim

To: Robert Duquette <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100/4 Rear Cockpit Trim
From: "Curt/Nancy Arndt" <cnaarndt@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 15:09:28 -0700
Doug,

Trim pieces have the body number not the chassis number on them and as such
could be an indicator of a car that has been parted out or that may no
longer exist.  The same goes for engine numbers.  This is one reason that
when I record a car at a show or Healey meet, I try to document all of the
body numbers that I can see and record.  This typically is just the numbers
on the bonnet and boot since the splash apron is near impossible to see with
the bumper is place and the cockpit trim would have to be removed to be
recorded.

I have also personally recorded a number of 100s with the wrong engine
installed, so what happened to the other car?  This is all information is to
help account for the 14,000+ 100s produced.

Cheers,

Curt