Re: [Healeys] Topics for "Subject:"

To: "Healey Mail List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Topics for "Subject:"
From: "Len and/or Marge Hartnett" <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 21:53:55 -0700
Not sure I favor 'prefixes' but it may just be because of my Windows Mail
e-mail system.  I do not know how other systems handle e-mails.

Regarding prefixes, if I want to sort all messages of a thread that have
come in randomly over a period of days, perhaps to delete them all at once
or move them to a permanent file as a group, I can sort on the subject,
e.g., "so...what do you think?".  If that were prefixed by "INT" (not sure
if that stands for 'interest' or not), it would group all e-mails starting
with "INT" in the subject.  Although it might still be alphabetical, I would
have to scroll to the "INT: s"s to find those particular e-mails.  A slight
inconvenience but an inconvenience none-the-less.

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031