Re: [Healeys] (no subject)

To: GUY DAY <grday@btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] (no subject)
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 14:38:33 +0200
Guy is right to change rubber brake lines every so often or earlier if
hairline cracks are present in the rubber. I have never seen SS braided
rubber brake lines but appearantly they do exist and the same applies to
this type.
I have changed mine for Goodridge SS braided and teflon lined brake
lines. They expand less under pressure and last a lifetime (supposedly).
As far as I know Goodridge makes brake lines in car kits in braided
SS/teflon (PTFE) only.
They are fairly cheap, around 50 for a set for the big Healey's.
Kees Oudesluijs