Re: [Healeys] Reid's Healey Boat

To: Editorgary@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Reid's Healey Boat
From: scotyp@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 01:53:52 +0000 (UTC)
Gary,

IB was standing in the room at RM when the 100-6 and boatB crossed the block.
I think the buyer got a great deal on the package as well as the buyer ofB a
beautiful blue over white BJ8 that sold for $57,500 just before it. This car
would have easily hit six figures a few years ago in my opinion. No idea why
the boat came back up so soon on the block. I tried to ask but no one there
knew for sure. Saw Reid at the ABFM in Bellevue, WA a few weeks earlier.
Wonder if he knew it was going backB to auction?B

I went to several auctions inB MontereyB and found that Healey prices were
somewhat depressed compared to recent years .Mecum soldB two BJ8's and one was
the last Healey shipped to the U.S(Steve Byers has sinceB stated there were
two after it). That one sold for $45,000.

Also a metallic ice blue BJ8 at MecumB sold for $38,000 and another BRG BJ8
stalled at $47,000 not meeting reserve.

At Russo and Steele the only "stainless steel Healey on the planet" did not
sell the first time it crossed the block and I was present when it crossed the
second time and stalled at $35,000 for a no sale.
Not sure why the white BJ8 at Gooding went for such big money($74,000) but
sometimes bidders have more money than sense! Especially ones close to Pebble
Beach as that auction was!

Cheers,

Scot

'66 BJ8