Re: [Healeys] fuel tank rust

To: "Mark LaPierre" <lapierrem@sbcglobal.net>, "Jess Power"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] fuel tank rust
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 05:43:01 -0500
Hey guys.... Fuel tank rust is a pain in the ass.... but it's simply not
this big an issue...   Most of the companies that sell tank sealer basically
have three parts... an acid cleaner, a phosphoric type sealer and then a
paint...

In every motorcycle tank I've done to date... ( to many )...  I've never
actually used the paint... I've just used the acid and phosphoric
preservative... and frankly it scares me to use the paint... ( flaking and
such )...  But that's why God made Fuel filters...

If you need to have your tank welded up... take it to a radiator shop.. most
know how to deal with the issue and can Boil your tank clean...

Keith