[Healeys] Sebring '57 and '58 Colour film on youtube includes 100-

To: Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Sebring '57 and '58 Colour film on youtube includes 100-
From: Derek Job <derek.c.job@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 18:33:11 +0200
Hi all

I've been off the list for a couple of years so please excuse me if this has
already been posted.

While following up my research on the 100-Six Streamliners I stumbled on  an
Amoco colour film of the 1957 Sebring 12 hour race. Its posted on U-Tube in
3 parts.

There were 3 Streamliners in the race. Car numbers 23, 24 and 25.

Right at the beginning of Part 2 there are shots of Roy Jackson Moore,
Donald and Geoff Healey. Around 4 minutes in you'll see Car number 25, with
clearly visible damage,  pulling out of the pits and passing the pitted MGA
(Austin Healey was in the next pit to MG). At 6.30 minutes in you can see
car 24 going through the S bends.

There are also some fleeting shots of the cars in Part 3. The film is a
fantastic and evocative record of the 50s racing era.

Links

Part 1  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWRc-rIz8N8

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HaBzUOMhzU&feature=related>
Part 2  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HaBzUOMhzU&feature=related

Part 3  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxDLvKydxeM

I also found a colour film of the 1958 Sebring 12 hours which has a very
good shot at 7.12 minutes of the 100- Six  number 29. There were three
'normal' cars entered, all Healey Blue with matching hardtops and with
LeMans style bonnet straps the same as the 100Ms

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c59NDVvcp7E&feature=related

Enjoy the films if you haven't already

cheers

Derek