[Healeys] The Anderson-Moment Restoration Book

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] The Anderson-Moment Restoration Book
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 12:34:35 EDT
In a message dated 9/11/09 6:17:47 AM, healeys-request@autox.team.net
writes:

> http://www.amazon.com/Austin-Healey-100-6-Restoration-Motorbooks-Workshop/d
> p/0760306737/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1252635667&sr=1-2

For everyone's information: Without informing us, Motorbooks finally
decided to stop reprinting our Restoration book on the Big Healeys, so it's no
longer available new at the original price of $30. However, I certainly
wouldn't recommend that anyone pay the apparent asking price of the
used/remaindered book sales agents. Instead, since nearly 9,000 copies were
sold, it's
probably available from someone on this list for substantially less, and given
the number out there, every Healey owner in the English-speaking world must
own one, so you can probably borrow one.

Or just order the Concours Registry Standards dvd (up to date stuff, just
in a different format from our book and without the pics of restored cars --
though there are lots of pics of unrestored cars as examples of specific
details). $20 US ($25 other N.A., $27 overseas to Mike Osipik, 39 East 55th
Terrace, K.C. MO, 64113 mikeosipik@earthlink.net

Roger and I have started talking about doing a new version of the book,
with colored pictures and everything, but that's probably two years down the
road.

Best
Gary Anderson