Re: [Healeys] Trafficator

To: 63ahbj7 <63ahbj7@comcast.net>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Trafficator
From: Jaap Aeckerlin <j.aeckerlin@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 21:48:46 +0200
Ed and listers,
Green soap is the litteral translation of what we here in Holland call
"Groene zeep". It is a soft soap which used to be manufactured from hemp
oil, one of the cheapest oils, which also gave the soap a typical greenish
colour. Nowadays it is made from cheap oils like soy oil and prepared with
potassium hydroxide (rendering the soap soft) instead of sodium hydroxide
(which produces hard soap). The greenish color is now created by an
artificial coloring agent. The soap has a strong degreasing capacity and is
mainly used in household applications. And for the chemists among you: I'm
only a mechanical engineer!
Regards for Green Soap Country
Jack Aeckerlin, The Netherlands
1964 BJ8 29432