Re: [Healeys] new healey

To: 'healeylist' <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] new healey
From: HealeyRick <healeyrick@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 17:13:52 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks, Patrick.  For the non-U.S. listers, the "Scooter Store"
supplies
motorized chairs to the elderly and because of government
medical insurance,
their television commercials feature clients
claiming the chairs are available
"at little or no cost to me."
Looking at the last few issues of the club
magazines it's apparent none
of us is getting any younger.  It's probably time
to let go of the
dream of "Bring Back the Big Healey!", that started more than
40 yrs
ago.  As rabid a Healey guy that I may be, it's unlikely that I'm going
to buy a car for somewhere near $100,000 just because it has the name
"Austin-Healey"
on a badge where DMH, Geoff, Gerry and Roger had no hand in
its
creation.  I've decided I'm happy to enjoy my bugeye and BJ-7 for the
great cars they are, without being concerned whether someone, somewhere
tries
to bring back the marque.  Whatever anyone were to come up with
could never
recreate the magic of the originals.