[Healeys] Very helpful Lucas Reference has been made available to

To: Healey <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Very helpful Lucas Reference has been made available to
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 10:52:36 +0800
All -

One of my biggest complaints about the shop & parts manuals for our cars is
they do not provide sufficient detail for understanding the theory and
operation of Lucas equipment and circuitry.  Imagine, then, that I have been
able to come into ownership of a 1955 edition of something called:

"Lucas Overseas Technical Correspondence Course"

This course is over 200 pages long and is complete with diagrams, pictures
and plain English procedures.

Rather than hoarding it and never sharing it, I have decided to make the
whole course available to all of you.  This course is VERY helpful, it has
excellent step by step procedures for diagnosing faults with everything from
horns, control heads, wipers, starters to OD circuitry and equipment.
Having looked at it, all of the sections are very useful, and the OD
electrics section is particularly useful to help owners understand what all
the various relays and switches do (esp. for 100 owners).  The distributor,
horns, wiper, lighting and wiring sections are also exceptionally useful as
well.

This will be very helpful for the Austin Healey owner as well as those of
you who own 50's and pre-50's cars equipped with Lucas smokelectrics.

Jokes aside the whole set has been listed on John Sim's website for your
use.  It requires Adobe Reader 8.0 or later to view properly.

http://www.healey6.com/bulletin.htm

Note that Sections 8 is incomplete (missing pages 30-60) and Section 9 is
missing, these will probably be loaded within the day.  Apologies in advance
for Section 9, it had some major water damage and I had to do my own
mini-version of a Dead Sea scroll restoration to put it together for you.

Thank you John for hosting this.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1