Re: [Healeys] Garage and workshop design

To: "'Mark LaPierre'" <lapierrem@sbcglobal.net>, "'mike brooks'"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Garage and workshop design
From: "Gil Rockwell" <gilrockwell@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 21:15:50 -0400
There is a web site that is dedicated to garages that I visit almost daily
and if you want pictures of what others have built and get tons of ideas,
there is no better place that this one to help you decide what you might
build.  Some are so over the top that they defy all logic.  In any case
visit:  http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/

Look in the Gallery section and you will spend a week reading all the
different stories people post showing their complete build process and then
how they outfitted them. Check out the garage the guy in Utah built, you
will not believe it. There are posters from all over the world, providing a
perspective as to what others are doing for their hobby space, and it is
fascinating.  Time spent reading what people have built for specific
purposes will help you decide what is important to your needs.  I for one
feel a garage cannot be too big, and a lift is a real help.  Lighting is
extremely important as are electrical outlets, an air compressor with a
dryer, heat and AC, with in-floor heat preferable as others have said.

Gil