Re: [Healeys] BJ8Wipers

To: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8Wipers
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 13:58:10 +0200
If Rainex is still the same product of about 10 years ago it is pretty
useless. It will only last a short while and can cause a very smeary
windscreen.
If it has gone to Nano technology, like so many other comparable
products, it can be bliss. However it only works properly at speeds over
40-50mls/h as the droplets will be blown right of the windscreen. Below
that speed you still need the wipers  and you will have a slight misty
smear of very tiny droplets for a second which is annoying, this even
happens if your wipers are top notch.
One application can last as much as 6 months. You have to clean the wind
screen very thoroughly first using ethanol. For some reason it does not
work so well on brand new windscreens. No idea why.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL