Re: [Healeys] Young Healey Owners...

To: wilkmanracing@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Young Healey Owners...
From: I Erbs <eyera3@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 11:33:01 -0700
My 18 and 14 year old sons have asked me for years who gets the Healey when
I'm too old to drive it or die. They both love the car and will run out of
the house just to drive down to the end of the driveway with me when I move
the car out to work on it or look fro something inthe garage. My driveway is
maybe 30 feet long! They love the smiles and ways kids of all ages give the
car when we go for a drive. I told them that they both get the car and must
share ownership. One can buy out the other, otherwise they must share the
cost of ownership and alternate years of possession.
My personal experience is that our cars have become too expensive. I bought
mine for $500.00 over 35 years ago. It is my hobby. The MG club is showing a
younger demographic and increase in membership, while our  clubs still
caters to older
wealthier members. Many of our events take place during the school year and
or at expensive resorts. As a parent and school teacher I can not
participate. My car still needs rust repair and a complete interior, even
after all these years, but mechanically it is as good as any high cost
auction car.

In the old days, club members go together to help each other fix our cars,
today I get referrals to a good mechanic.  I honestly don't know if it's me
personally, the fact that I have had young kids or the condition of my car,
but I have never felt really welcome by my local club, except for a handful
of folks  I count on this list for advice, but some helpful hands would be
great. I enjoy spending time with my MG /Triumph owning friends.They seem
less snobbish .

--
I Erbs
Portland, OR