Re: [Healeys] Odometer changes

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Odometer changes
From: "BJ8 Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 12:17:09 -0400
When I bought my BJ8, the odometer was at 51,788 but was not working.  Not
knowing what the actual mileage was, I repaired the instrument myself (found
the parts lying in the bottom of the case) and reset the odometer to zero.
In North Carolina, on cars over a certain age mileage is not an issue.
The odometer now reads 99,632.

If there is no legal requirement to comply with, do what you want.  I
preferred to know how many of the miles on the clock were mine.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC