Re: [Healeys] Blocked transmissions, and unedited replies

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Blocked transmissions, and unedited replies
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 13:52:21 EDT
I get the messages via digest, so I have to scroll down through the whole
message in order to get to the next message. In doing this I've noticed that
many messages repeat every part of every previous message that was part of
the reply to the reply to the reply to the reply.
Gentlemen -- and you ladies, as well:

Just because your particular e-mail system automatically includes every
part of the previous message when you do your reply (we AOL people with our
advanced online systems don't have that problem, incidentally), doesn't mean
you can't delete all the previous stuff to remove all but the relevant part of
the previous message to which you're replying.

This will dramatically cut the character count and help insure that your
message doesn't run into the verbosity filter, and will also reduce the amount
of scrolling us digest readers have to do.
Thanks.
gary