[Healeys] I'd Like to Thank the Academy and...

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] I'd Like to Thank the Academy and...
From: Carlos Cruz <healey3000bn7@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 10:09:09 -0700 (PDT)
Fellow Healey Fanatics,

I wanted to bring closure to a recent string of inquiries I've posted.  I've
completed the reinstallation of new insulation.  The OD gearbox switch has been
replaced, the OD adjusted and everything is now working as it should - AMEN!  I
can die an happy man, if I never have to take off the tranny cover again.  I
would like to take this opportunity to recognize a few of you for your help.

Thank you to everyone who chimed in on the various products like Dynamat, Kool
Mat, Thermo King and others.  The cockpit is fully insulated now.  Thank you
all for your input and sharing your experiences.

A few weeks ago I also posted a question about adjusting the OD.  As expected
the wealth of knowledge and willingness to share continues to amaze.  I'd like
to thank George Haywood for his quickness at responding with a very thorough
and helpful article.  Everyone should have a copy of this article stored with
their workshop manual.  Let me know if you need it.  Mark Schneider for his
concern for us driving our Healeys without a transmission cover.  Someone needs
to watch out for us crazies. And finally, Norm Nock for reminding me to buy his
book.

With the OD set according to George's supplied article, I then encountered
another problem in the whole Rube Goldberg designed OD system.  My suspicion
was confirmed through employing several suggestions received on this List.  The
problem turned out to be the OD gearbox switch.  Special thanks to Simon
Lachlin, who was as quick as George in providing a helpful article. Neal
Trelenberg, a long-time Northwest Healey friend, resurrected by my inquiry.
Aloha - Perry and Thank You.  Bob Brown for the use of his lift.  Thanks to
Mark LaPierre, Tracy Drummond and my fellow BN7 partner in crime, Bruce Steele
for their insights.  And of course I can't forget Norm Nock for reminding me to
buy his book.

A very special thank you needs to go to Steve Byers of BJ8 Registry fame.  Not
only did Steve provide me with a schematic of his car's unique OD wiring which
turned out to be very similar to mine but he took my call and helped me walk
through the issue out loud.  Thank you so much for your time.

We spend a lot of time and energy on this List quibbling about Friday Funnies,
Sprite or Bugeye inquiries, general non-Healey content, political jabs and even
Ed's special :-)    8-P or <VBG> cryptography. It's easy to forget how valuable
this List is and how much collective knowledge there is out there.  More
importantly is the willingness of others to help.  I lift my beer to all of you
- Cheers!

Sincerely,
Carlos Cruz
1960 BN7