Re: [Healeys] Sebring 3000 + Pat Moss

To: "Austin Healey" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Sebring 3000 + Pat Moss
From: "Mirek Sharp" <m.g.sharp@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 08:22:43 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: "Carlos Cruz" <healey3000bn7@yahoo.com>

> UJB 140 is car HBN7 6682, made December 14, 1959 = $217,000
> My car is HBN7 6185, made November 11, 1959... can be yours for $216,000 +
> shipping.

Wow Carlos, they must have been really churning them out in the fall of
1959.  My heritage certificate indicates my HBT7 4551 first saw light on Oct
13 1959, and although they probably did not roll off the line exactly in
consecutive order,  that is about 1634 cars in about a month, or just over
400/week.

BTW, did anyone note that it was a year last Wednesday that Pat Moss passed
away.  I am just reading her autobiography, "The Story So Far". The first
few chapters on her show jumping were a bit of a slog as I am not much
interested in horses, albeit she was evidently very good at it, but the
chapters on rallying for BMC are absolutely fascinating.

Cheers,

Mirek
60 BT7 (made in 59, first registered in 60)