Re: [Healeys] Lucas LeMans headlights.

To: "Mr. Bill" <bn1@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Lucas LeMans headlights.
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 13:55:27 +0800
Bill -

These headlights are quite good and can put out quite a bit of light,
especially if there's a headlight relay installed.  The only reason why they
are illegal in the US is because they aren't sealed beam headlamps.  I guess
the inside of the unit can fog up from time to time (hence the restriction
in the US), but trust me no one will ever get a ticket for using these
headlights.

These are the correct headlights for 1950's EU and UK healeys.  Everything
you want to know about Lucas Headlights is here:

http://www.healey6.com/Lucas%20Course/Lucas%20technical%20correspondence%20course%20-%20session%207.pdf

Note page 18 which talks about the Lemans Unit.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1
'59 Jag Mk IX