[Healeys] Another one of my "bright ideas"

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Another one of my "bright ideas"
From: Jody Kerr <jodyfkerr@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 11:12:33 -0700
Hey all,

I've got an idea I'm pondering. Haven't decided if it's a good or bad
idea yet. :)

I find I'm eternally frustrated by finding the part I need for my car
1000+ miles away, especially when it's a bulky/big/heavy part that
will cost far in excess of it's price to ship. I know we all suffer
through this from time to time. Then, I started thinking about the
fact that we as a community of car people are constantly driving back
and forth across the world for various reasons (picking up a car,
going to conclave, etc). From there my brain remembered the old "rides
board" we had at Uni. People would either post a message saying they
needed to get from point A to point B, or that they were driving from
point A to point B and had space in exchange for gas money or company.

So, if someone were to say resurrect the idea of a "Rides board" on
the internet, and give people the ability to post their availability
(and cargo capacity) as well as their basic route, and other people
the ability to post what they need shipped and the origin/destination,
would this be a good idea? It's been bouncing around in my head for a
bit, so I figured it was good enough of an idea to get feedback since
I couldn't dismiss it easily.

Jody

--
http://www.theymightberacing.com/