[Healeys] The Arizona Healey has been bought...

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] The Arizona Healey has been bought...
From: m.brouillette@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 16:42:14 +0000 (UTC)
Folks,

         This is from the Austin Healey Nasty Boys list.  Just passing it on
and have no further info on it myself.

Mike B
59 BT7

Re: new project
Posted by: "Austin Colcord" austincolcord@yahoo.com   austincolcord
Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:43 pm (PDT)
[Attachment(s) from Austin Colcord included below]

Hi guys- I recently bought another modified project I thought I'd tell y'all
about.  I needed it like a hole in the head since I already have a 283
vette-powered bn-6 up on jackstands and my pinto-powered bn2 in the midst of
engine removal.  Tim Moran is going to read this and think i'm crazy since
he's seen how packed my garage already is!  My neighbors think I'm nuts- "how
can a guy in his mid-30's be into all these old cars"?  But this new project
is interesting and deserved saving. It's another '59 bn-6, no drivetrain but
heavily Nasty'd.
The story goesb&the guy I bought it from owns a repair shop in Arizona, and
he bought it about 2 years ago from the previous ownerbs son (Mr. Segraves),
who is a customer of his.  The previous owner was now in his upper 70bs
living in Fountain Hills AZ, and came to the realization that he wasnbt
going to finish the car. Story goes it has been apart since 1974.   He
purchased the car originally in 1962, ran it for years until it wore out.  He
had visions of Cobra-izing it, so he began the tear-down and redesign.
Vietnam got in the way.  Upon his return, he got serious.  Over the last 20
years he installed a Ford 9b rear end w/ positraction, disc brake rear-end,
traction bars w/ heim joints, driveline shield, Mustang II front end w/ disc
brakes/ coilovers, Flaming River rack and pinion, fuel cell, and tubular
reinforcements around it all.  He set it up to install a big-block and widened
the tunnel to install an automatic.
I'm trying to get more history about the car.  It has an inspection sticker
from Texas from 1970 on the windshield- apparently he was stationed there.  I
intend to write to the previous owner and see if I can get more information.
I know most of you guys have v-8's, but I'm thinking an e36 BMW m3 drivetrain
would be fun and appropriately nasty.
I've attached some pictures.  Let me know what you think!
btw are any of you guys in Arizona?
Austin