[Healeys] Thermostat

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Thermostat
From: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 17:20:04 -0000
Hi, I have had to remove the grille in my MkII BT7. Not an easy task as you
know. However it's out.

So...to my question. Does anyone know where I can get the new(er?) type
thermostat that has the fitted sleeve? I've taken my old one out and it's
knackered. (Original bellows with sleeve type so it's done its allotted
time). I've read Norman's article in his Technical Tips and seen references
to this mythical object. But none is to be found.
Well, that's not quite true...Ahead for Healeys located one on the Moss
site, but it was #48+/- against the usual, no-sleeve type, which is
+/-#2.50. You may not be up in the foreign exchange world, but you can see
that one is nearly 20 times the price of the other!!
I am in UK so that wld be my first choice location, but I'd look at other
places. (The grille has to go away to be fixed and re-chromed, so there's no
great rush).
Thanks,
Simon.