Re: [Healeys] Lubrication

To: John Harper <ah@jharper.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Lubrication
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 21:23:07 +0800
John -

I have the manifolds from two A90s and my 100, the bell crank pivot is
likely carbon steel / bolt steel of some sort.

All of the ones I've had are corroded and needed replacement.  Usually the
corrosion is around the bolt head and threads, not the pivot.

All the pivots themselves were very clean without corrosion, I suspect that
the bell crank uses a brass bush of some sort and the brass probably works
its way into the pivot's surface over time, hence the lack of corrosion.

The replacement pivots you can buy are black coated like a typical British
made bolt, so standard grade 5 bolt steel is probably what it is.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1
'59 Jag Mk IX