Re: [Healeys] E bay

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] E bay
From: Kent McLean <kentmclean@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 07:41:27 -0500
Patrick Quinn wrote:
> I just have to keep reminding you blokes that the cars you own are not "REAL
> Healeys", they are Austin-Healeys.
>
> While the Austin-Healey 100 is most certainly the purest to the original
> design it is still an Austin-Healey.

But for one brief, shining moment, the car stood on a stand at Earl's Court in
1952 as a Healey 100 -- no hyphen, no Austin. Then Leonard Lord got to DMH, and
it became an Austin-Healey. So the Healey 100, at least that one example, is a
"REAL Healey". The thousands that followed are Austin-Healeys. I have one of
the
rare non-M models. :)

--
Kent McLean