Re: [Healeys] Confusion re master cylinders

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Confusion re master cylinders
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 15:21:31 EST
In a message dated 11/11/09 11:53:11 AM, healeys-request@autox.team.net
writes:

> No modifications needed. Only in case you have a NOS master cylinder
> installed, you need to change the rubber sealings with a new sealing kit.

Sorry, we got confused by the mention of the type of brake fluid used. The
modification that Roger Moment explained is recommended no matter which
fluid is being used. From memory, it has to do with a feedback hole in the
master cylinder, which can be covered by the new seal and thus prevent fluid
from
draining back into the cylinder.
Suggest you check the Healey.org or team.net list archives for the Moment
article for a description on how to fix the problem.
Best
Gary