Re: [Healeys] White, one more time

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] White, one more time
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 14:32:44 EST
In a message dated 11/13/09 11:09:18 AM, healeys-request@autox.team.net
writes:

> Also from Don Pikovnik's book "Austin Healey Guide to Historic Colors."
>
> Old English White - WT.03
> ICI - 2379
> aka "Ivory"
>
> OK, one more time.. AKA "IVORY"

'tis true that Pikovnik lists "Pale Ivory" as one of two white colors for
Healeys, from BN1 through BN/BT7. However, he states in a footnote that the
listing is based on the Austin-Healey Concours Registry guidelines [from that
year] which he believes to be wrong.
He's right; if the Guidelines in Sept. 1999 said that, the Guidelines were
wrong. By the time we wrote our book in 2000, this had been sorted out, and
we state specifically that Pale Ivory is a different shade from "Old English
(Ivory) White" and was never used on Healeys.
I also checked the most recent Restoration Guidelines, and they don't
mention "Pale Ivory."

Are we done here?

For the fellow painting his BJ8, look for either Ivory White or Old English
White, and you'll be fine.

Best Gary