Re: [Healeys] Healey Colors

To: Healey Mail List <healeys@autox.team.net>, Len and/or Marge Hartnett
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healey Colors
From: HealeyRick <healeyrick@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 17:04:26 -0800 (PST)
I'm just bringing this up because I can't take any more OEW/IW talk.  When I
was looking to paint my Healey Blue BJ7, (which we all know is really Ice Blue
Metallic) the local paint shop mixed up a batch of ICI BU4 lacquer and sprayed
it out and used their computer color scanner to come up with the base
coat/clear coat PPG formula that was put on the car.  It's a beautiful color
and I'm quite happy with it.  A few weeks ago, I was replacing some of the
original trunk lining and unearthed some Healey Blue panels that haven't seen
the light of day since 1963.  My computer generated color was close, but not
exact.  I wonder if those hidden interior and trunk panels we value so much as
the "original" color looked the same as the color when it was painted on the
car''s exterior  Reason I'm asking is I need to make sure I get all the
Concours points I can with the correct color, because I think I might lose a
few with the 5.0 Ford motor and T5
 transmission.  <VBG>

--- On Fri, 11/13/09, Len and/or Marge Hartnett <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>