Re: [Healeys] tarpaper & jute under AH100 carpets

To: <tadeusz.malkiewicz@plusnet.pl>, <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] tarpaper & jute under AH100 carpets
From: <Josef.Eckert@t-systems.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 09:06:47 +0100
Hello Tadek,
Here in Europe I have not seen restored cars using the "Concours Correct"
jute+tarpaper underfelt. And I have to say I am somewhat involved in the
Concours business here in Europe. We do not deduct any points when underfelt
is not to factory specification. So you might not find the right jute+tarpaper
on this side of the pond.
Most here use some kind of damping material (rubber based or so called
Dunlopillo) which does not soak the water when getting wet and helps to keep
heat out of the cockpit.
Think, if you want to have this Concours correct, you need to buy in the USA
and it is only for you to say you have everything to exact factory spec. But
it gives only sympathy points in our Concours competitions.

Josef Eckert
Konigswinter/GERMANY

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----