[Healeys] Dash Board & Dash Top Refurbishment

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Dash Board & Dash Top Refurbishment
From: "R. Price Lindsay" <price@advocateadvisors.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 12:57:35 -0600
List -

In addition to having my BJ 8 repainted, I am going to refurbish my dash
board and dash top over the winter.  I have read much of the archives on
this and presume it will be a fairly straight forward process to remove
these from the car (I plan to do it prior to painting) and reassemble
them, however, if anyone has any tips I would be very grateful.  One
question I have - should I reassemble the refurbished parts with the
windshield in place or ask the painter not to install the windshield and
do it myself once I have installed the dash and top?  If I can do this
with the windshield in place and get the same weather seal and fit I
would prefer to do that (I'd hate to mess up a new paint job).

As always, thank you so much for your input and help!

Price Lindsay

67 BJ 8