[Healeys] Dashboard restoring

To: <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Dashboard restoring
From: Thomas Morrione <tjmorrio@colby.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 19:36:44 -0500
Richard and Price,

Price, I found that glove box side of mine in bad shape could be stripped to
the veneer using (carefully) a straight edged razor blade. I slid it under
the cracked finish at a slight angle and popped off sections of coating.
Similar picking at the other side doesn't seem to be working. So, decided
will sand off the finish on that side. Read the archives and looked on line
and don't want to peel old veneer off. For peeling see:

 www.healey6.com/Technical/Werner/Refinishing%20Dash.pdf

See also Envirotex on-line for more info re the epoxy (?) coating approach.
Haven't used this product but plan to. If anyone on the list has info about
this re: advisability please let me know.

PS - anyone have thoughts about longer term wear problems with top king
pin trunnion easy-steer bearing mod? I'm facing that possible option now.
(Long term is relative I know --I
don't buy green bananas anymore.)

Tom 65 BJ8 --"in process"