Re: [Healeys] Uprating early 3000 disk brakes

To: patrick williams <2x2doc@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Uprating early 3000 disk brakes
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 09:41:48 +0800
Patrick -

Perhaps you have gotten the wrong caliper.  I note that you say upgrading
the Girling M16.  M would suggest this is the metric version.  Girling 16
calipers, probably from a TR7 or Jag Mk II which used these calipers later
on - I would bet they use proper spacing and UNF threading on the brake
pipes.

Whether you use early discs or BJ8 discs is irrelevant, the offset of the
two are different so you have to use the one that works best.  Incidentally,
it seems the early discs are a little better if trying to source upgraded
discs because lots of companies make uprated early discs (i.e. slotted,
drilled, etc.).

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1