Re: [Healeys] Reno Red

To: "S and T Miller" <stmiller96@hotmail.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Reno Red
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 09:14:43 -0500
As with most things to do with Austin Healey production, there were a few of
the earliest 100/Six cars that were known to have gone through to likely
just use up the Reno Red paint. However, Reno Red specifically was not
promoted or advertised as being an available colour for the new model.

Same with the so called Teal Blue interiors. We know from observation only
that this colour slipped through onto the earliest Healey Blue cars , again
kilely to se it up (note introductory 100/Six brochure of the duotone Healey
Blue/Old English White car showing edges of light blue trimming) However it
was not specified, and the interior colour was simply listed as "blue trim".
When it was gone, it was gone and dark blue carried on for the trim colour.

Rich Chrysler