Re: [Healeys] distributor off

To: "Attean Lake Lodge" <info@atteanlodge.com>, "Healey List"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] distributor off
From: "Earl Kagna" <kags@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 10:51:13 -0800
Brad:

If you are sure that the distributor drive gear is correctly fitted and in
the correct position - I suggest that you do this stuff with the engine at
the TDC mark, making absolutely certain that it is #1 at TDC and not #6 -
(been there, done that!), then the distributor points cam is mounted 180
degrees off - an easy enough fix.

I've seen cars with that plus another 180 degree fault in the distributor
drive running completely normally - until someone goes to service the
ignition system.  Tends to make a guy crazy.

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.
BT7 tri-carb
BJ8