Re: [Healeys] travelling assistance in France

To: robertduquette@sympatico.ca
Subject: Re: [Healeys] travelling assistance in France
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 23:24:39 +0100
Travel will be easy using the TGV, high speed train from Lyon to
Paris/Gare Lyon. You have to reserve a seat though. I think there is
even a TGV train station in the airport, Saint-Exupery I believe.
Travel in Paris is by Metro which is very cheap and easy. You can by a
pack of 10 tickets at the shops in Metro stations. Avoid the automated
selling machines, they are hopeless. You can travel any distance you
like on one ticket as long as you stay underground. There may be a time
limit , I am not sure.
For time tables and other info just Google, they have info in English as
well. Many younger people do speak English, some even very good. The
older generation will mostly speak French only. The French are usually
very helpfull and friendly but they can be a bit gruff.

Some sites,

http://www.bonjourlafrance.com/france-trains/tgv-lyon-bourgogne-franche-comte/paris-lyon-saint-exupery-tgv.htm

http://www.voyages-sncf.com/

http://www.eurorailways.com/products/trains_tickets/lyopar.htm