Re: [Healeys] Trailering/AAA Flatbed Danger

To: john spaur <jmsdarch@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Trailering/AAA Flatbed Danger
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 13:03:17 +0800
John -

As an insurance company, they don't have to follow standard GAAP accounting
procedures.  They do need the cash and equivalents to operate properly as an
insurance company, but they won't necessarily be non profit except according
to the rules they are supposed to follow.  It's all a bit of a bait and
switch, but to be fair, they need the cash on the books for their insurance
business.  Are they really a non-profit?  Who knows.

With google maps and Garmin, I guess the only AAA benefit these days is the
towing, but honestly if I'm somewhere around my hometown neigborhood, towing
insurance is far better than AAA because I can specify the tow company and
ask for a flatbed tow.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1