Re: [Healeys] Trafficator Movement

To: "Mark LaPierre" <lapierrem@sbcglobal.net>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Trafficator Movement
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 10:10:01 -0500
Mark,

The symptoms you describe almost certainly indicate that the machined slot
in the top end (steering wheel end) of the long stator tube has widened,
allowing excessive rotaotion of the entire switch head. As Bob described,
the base of the slot is very crack prone, which makes the condition worse.
New stator tubes are available though they usually need a bit of careful
file dressing of the milled slot to allow a good smoth fit of everything.

Rich Chrysler