Re: [Healeys] SU fuelpump repair

To: "rrengineer @dslextreme.com" <rrengineer@dslextreme.com>, "john
Subject: Re: [Healeys] SU fuelpump repair
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 07:53:03 -0600
Mike the link provided link is a great resource, as is Dave Dubois, the guy
who created it, like Jeff at advanced distributors except for SU pumps, I
did not actually send my pump to him but he walked me through a rebuild
after mine quit, even sent me a part gatis to replace the diode, can't
remember what it is called, little electrical bit.

Adjusting the throw, there are instructions, but for me was more of a
feel/trial and error sort of thing, but worked fine after rebuild, if you
want to avoid install/reinstall work up a test rig with some tubes and a
cup, I ran marvel mystery oil through mine, a very thin oil, less volatile
than gasoline.

Greg Lemon