[Healeys] pressure plate balance

To: <britishcars@shaw.ca>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] pressure plate balance
From: S and T Miller <stmiller96@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 16:16:10 -0500
I had one that the springs were set out of balance (from new).  When you put
your foot on the clutch pedal you could feel it vibrate.  I had to take
everything back apart and found by running the engine with no gearbox attached
and the clutch installed on the flywheel, that the release plate would wobble!
I took a sharpie marker and ran a piece of wood across the gearbox (cross
ways) opening for stability, then slowly moved the sharpie forward until it
would make a "high" mark on the release plate.  After a spring adjustment I
would repeat several times until I got it near perfect.  Once together it felt
very smooth.

The Millers
"British Car Nuts"

1957 Austin Healey 100-6 BN4 35299

1959 Austin Healey 100-6 BN4 77219

1964 MGB 40841

1960 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite AN5 34351

"Always drive them, but remember each drive in an antique car is a test
drive."