Re: [Healeys] Chassis Numbers - Calif Reg...

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Chassis Numbers - Calif Reg...
From: "BJ8 Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 17:48:20 -0500
Normally (and as the cars left the factory) the VIN and body I.D. plates on
a BJ8 are attached with screws, not rivets.  I had one BJ8 owner tell me the
DMV inspector refused to register his car because the VIN plate was attached
with screws instead of with rivets as God intended.  DMVs can be really
lunkheaded sometimes, but I guess it depends on which state you happen to
live in, or even which inspector you happen to draw at a given time.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA