[Healeys] Car Safety

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [Healeys] Car Safety
From: "Jerry Costanzo" <grumpyinloomis@ssctv.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 08:04:09 -0800
I have a delivery fleet that travels 57.6 million miles per year in 1300
vehicles.  Our current fleet is Pontiac Vibes and Ford Ranger trucks.  Both
are "5 star" rated for safety.  That 5 start rating is the best.  We usually
have a wreck every week, it is worse in winter.  Very few injuries in modern
cars.   I really don't think our old cars have much to compare other than they
have 4 wheels.

Jerry
What does a 5-Star Safety Rating mean?

The New Car Assessment Program (NCAP) rates vehicles to determine crash
worthiness and rollover safety. The safety ratings are gathered during
controlled crash and rollover tests conducted at NHTSA's research facilities.

Five stars indicate the highest safety rating and one star the lowest. While
the safety feature ratings may differ among vehicles, all automobiles must
first meet Federal standards. Get more information about NHTSA's 5-Star Safety
Ratings - Click HERE.
For all questions relating to NCAP crash testing, star ratings,
and vehicle safety, please email crash.test@dot.gov