[Healeys] Front Springs

To: "'healey'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Front Springs
From: "PG" <britishcars@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 09:01:55 -0800
RE:   Phase 2 '67 BJ8

I have rebuilt my front end with Poly bushes, brass adjustable top trunion
bushes (to go negative camber) and 7/8ths front roll bar and tube shock
conversion... I am now looking a front springs.

My understanding is that the stock BJ8 springs are rated about 400 lbs.  I
would like to achieve a responsive "fast road" car and am willing to
sacrifice some ride for it, but don't want to feel like every pebble on the
road.

DW and others sell a variety of rated springs (500lbs, 600lbs, 800lbs and
1,000lbs).

Also, I was planning on lowering the car by approximately 1" using spacers
between the lower wishbones and shock plates.  However, I note that
shortened springs are also available and am thinking that this might be a
better route.

I would be interested in feedback, experiences and comments.

Thanks

Paul