[Healeys] new question

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] new question
From: John McElrath <linsley46@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 14:05:24 -0500
Rich - I am going to order the wheels and tires for my car in the next
couple of weeks but I am a little confused by the Guidelines.  One place
says

*Acceptable Tire Sizes:*

*Cross-ply 5.90 x 15 (some RS5s were marked 5.50/5.90x15)*

*Radial 165 x 15*

In another section it says

*(For example, a car with 165x15 tires would receive a 5-point deduction...*

When I look at the tire sites I see the Roadspeeds that meet the guideline
although they are 590s..  The Michelins all seem to be 165s.  I have found a
Pirellie Cinturato at 165 as well.  The question is if I use the radial do I
get a 5 point deduction?   As for Mitchlin's I can find a 145 X but all of
the other tires have XZX or some other direvitive.  If I use a Mitchlin XZX
(165) or the Pirellie Cinturato (again 165) would that be a 5 point
deduction?

I am also looking for the source for the rubber retaining rings that hold
the wires to the front turn signal housings.  I have not been able to find
them and would like to add them to the car.  I placed an order with
MacGregor for some parts so we will see how that goes.

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and have a very Happy New Year.

John