Re: [Healeys] King Pin with needle bearings

To: Simon Lachlan <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] King Pin with needle bearings
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 17:43:16 +0000 (UTC)
Easy as unscrewing the top trunnion bolt if everything else is apart.

You'll need a bunch of shims to set the end float (which is more or less trial
and error).

bs

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA

I've been idly watching this thread when it occurred to me that I'm in a
good position to do some front suspension work.....the front of the car
being up, wheels off, radiator out, grille off, splash panels ditto etcetc.
How easy is it to get the oilites out and the bearings in? From the manual,
it doesn't look that hard...............
I could do with lightening up my steering.
Simon.