Re: [Healeys] Chuck Key

To: richard mayor <mayorrichard@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Chuck Key
From: the walkers <thewalkers@qwest.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 20:46:17 -0700
My Harbor "Fright" philosophy parallels the method Intel (and others)
use as one way to determine if an item is good to go in the field.  In
electronics, if a component "burns in" it usually lasts whatever life it
will last and the design is then the driving force and it is fairly
predi ctable (drams and CPU's etc. last a long time.)  If there is an
error in mfg., it will break during burn in within hours.  So, with
Harbor stuff,  don't buy it until you are ready to use it, and use it
hard.  2 examples: I have a pair of  $19.99 4 1/2" angle grinders -
noisy, bearing s are not smooth, but they work as well as my $79 Makita,
and I have had them for 3+ years now and use them more than the Makita.
The cheap Harbor Portapower knock off I bought broke the first day.  The
key is, if you take it back to Harbor in the first (what is it now,
month?), you get your money back, if  you bring it back any later, they
just give you another one.  I just try and break them fast, if I can't,
they are ok for me and the price is right.  If I can I don't want
another one, I will pay for the higher quality item...but as that stuff
gets worse, it is starting to converge...

just my 2 cents.

bob walker
phx, az