[Healeys] Shop Info

To: healeylist <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Shop Info
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 17:37:03 -0800
I'm on a mailing list from a guy that owns an Austin-Healey and a winery in
Napa.  His latest mailing had the following
info:

" Healey running hot? We've all heard that for as long as we have had these
wonderful cars! The first thing to do is
check the temperature gauge for accuracy. How many do that? Well, I finally did
and guess what? Yeah, the gauge was
reading about 15-20 degree hot! So now what?

Wanting to keep the original, I set out to get the gauge rebuilt. And here is
what I found out. There is a small,
one-man shop located in San Diego, Ca., called Foreign Speedo (619-298-5278).
No fax machine, no computer, no web site
and not even an answering machine! They can rebuild it, but it's a  "I hope
you're not in a hurry for this" type of
place. We all get the picture.

Well, I sent the gauge in. They refurbished the gauge, rebuilt the whole thing,
both water temp and oil pressure, and it
is beautiful and dead-on. And the price was "more than reasonable." These shops
are a dying breed. So file this info and
in the future, if your Healey is running Hot...... "

I don't know anything about this shop--it's a new one to me and I thought I'd
pass the info along.  The mailing had a
photo of a nicely refurbished safety gauge.

bs