Re: [Healeys] Question and parts

To: "healeylist" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Question and parts
From: "Guy R Day" <grday@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 12:39:01 -0000
It may be worth looking at the numbers cut into the metal base of the coil
as you should find the part number and a 4 figure number such as 1157 which
is November 1957.  For August 1955 it is 0855 etc.  Note it is a part
manufacturing date and NOT a vehicle assembly date, it could be made before
but if originality is being claimed it can't have been made afterwards!  The
same date for both part and vehicle manufacture may be rare as it was normal
to hold parts stocks in those days and not work on a JIT basis.

Screw in coils are still available (even new) and an assiduous search may
get one from the right period.

Guy R Day