Re: [Healeys] 3000 MK2 Demonstration car Blue Don

To: gary brierton <gbrierton@hotmail.com>, Healey List Emails
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 3000 MK2 Demonstration car Blue Don
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 12:32:03 +0100
Hello Garry,
You are right, I just found the article in Classic & Sports Car, July
2007 (not as recent as I thought) on a metallic blue twin headlight car.
It claims that it is a 1960 Factory Competition Prototype with a De Dion
rear axle, telescopic shock absorbers, rack and pinion steering (any
idea what they used for this?). Chassis nr.: 012X300 and prototype
engine nr.: 1C.H.43761. The track was widened  4", with rather crudely
flared arches, not the body. This got me on the wrong track as I thought
it was one of the RR Healeys.
The RR Healey were indeed very nice looking cars with sumpsous
interiours. I only saw pictures of one, never seen one in the flesh. The
extra width suited them very well.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL