Re: [Healeys] When is a Tiger not a Tiger (was:

To: BJ8 Healeys <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] When is a Tiger not a Tiger (was:
From: John Harper <ah@jharper.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 08:20:47 +0000
Steve

I am sorry but I have to take issue here. What you say does not apply to
the UK AHC. We kept far more than just the VIN/chassis numbers 15 years
ago. We kept this detailed information going back something like 30
years.

For example the first UK 100 Register was produced in 1970 but I agree
this had limited car information. The first detailed Register started in
1977 by John Wheatley and this had body/batch number, colours original
and now, condition and in addition more detailed information. This was
nearly 33 years ago!

In 1988 we transferred from paper records to a database with just over
300 entries but kept all the detailed information and add a little more.
Now we have approaching ten times that number and all details we receive
are recorded.

Having said the above I fully endorse what you say

The wider the registries can be publicised, the more people will know
about them. The more helpful they are to individual owners, the more
likely the word will spread that registries are more than an idle
pastime, but can be a
real
benefit to the Healey community.

Best regards