[Healeys] H4 Halogens

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>, "'Ray Carbone'" <racarbon@verizon.net>
Subject: [Healeys] H4 Halogens
From: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 21:37:30 -0000
Hi, I've got new H4, three pin, halogen lights to go with my new headlight
setup.
At the moment, first attempt, there is no "let there be light" moment. Side
lights, yes but no high or low beams.
Now, I've done no real checking yet so the cause may be anything. Probably
some damn silly thing I've forgotten.
However, when I made up the connectors that press into the back of the bulbs
I thought I'd deduced which cable went where and I may well have boobed.
(I'd used pictures gleaned from the web, showing blue, red and black cables
going into the back of the fittings).
There are three pins. Let's say the apex of the glass is pointing directly
away from one and one is faced with:
Pin A, on the left, a vertical pin.
Pin B, in the centre above and to the right of A, a horizontal pin.
Pin C, on the right and below B, a vertical pin parallel to Pin A.

So, which is ground, high and low?

My stuff came without a scrap of instructions.

Simon.