Re: [Healeys] PayPal

To: healeys@autox.team.net, Jack Feldman <qualitas.jack@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] PayPal
From: Robert Blair <rnbmail@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 11:18:38 -0800 (PST)
i agree with this sentiment - ebay, paypal, every bank, every credit card
company, every insurance company - it is part of the new world of online
transactions. Customer service is now virtual and if you are not reasonably
computer literate you are in trouble.  Decent people are being replaced by
ignorant computers.  Computers are dumb and only do what they are told to do.
But people are smart and can tell dumb computers to do things they are not
supposed to do. BUYER BEWARE .....

When things work fine people tend to
assume they always will.  When they do not and you have parted with your money
it is difficult to get it back as there are very few people/phone numbers
there to help you, and, the receiver does not want to give it back - usually.
Thats why lawyers will always have a job.....

Good advice may be buy things
one by one and avoid large online transactions - minimize your exposure.
Robert N. Blair  Yellow 65BJ8  rnbmail@yahoo.com

--- On Wed, 2/17/10,

<qualitas.jack@gmail.com>
healeys@autox.team.net
> Date: Wednesday, February 17, 2010, 6:29 AM
> PayPal
and eBay are two companies
> that are great if nothing is wrong. They
> keep
their phone numbers a secret (there are 800 numbers),
> but when you need

help on a bad transaction (would you believe that there are
> crooks selling

on eBay?), they make sure that it is almost impossible to
> get relief.

Some companies look great until you call customer service,
> then the fun

begins.