Re: [Healeys] Slight pull to the right

To: R Phillips <healeydriver1@gmail.com>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Slight pull to the right
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 08:23:16 +0800
Ric -

First check for a loose or worn (leaking) shock.  Then check all
fulcrum/king pin links at the bottom, make sure somthing isn't loose
or gone.  Check track rod ends make sure one isn't so loose it is
causing a tire to toe out.

You can easily check for toe-out by parking car with wheels straight
ahead.  Take a long string and hold one end to the rear tire then pull
the string forward to the front tire.  If either of the front tires
shows a slight "toe-out" when referncing the string that should
indicate your problem.

Finally, if none of this shows a problem, you may need to take your
brake calipers off and check if one of the pistons is corroded and
thus dragging a brake on the right disc.